Monday, March 30, 2009

Dallas Blooms 2009

Over Spring Break our family, including my mom all went to the arboretum for Dallas Blooms!
It was a beautiful day.  Here's some pics:



trying to get a picture to match his pirate shirt.  P was not really into the picture taking!
Candyland!
Probably my favorite shot of the day...total boy.  He's watching the fish and picking up rocks to throw.
Just a Japanese Maple that's potted, but I like the look....makes me want to do the same!
This bush is a Texas Mountain Laurel and I'm so glad we found out what it is because I've wanted one for our yard, but never knew what it was called.  The picture doesn't show it in full bloom, but it produces these beautiful purple flowers that smell AMAZING!  Just like candy sweet-tarts.  anyways, we bought one last week for the front yard! :)
Sweet boy!
love those toes! ;)


walking through the azalea's

No way to fit all the flowers in a picture!  If you've never been to Dallas Bloom's I highly suggest it!


10 comments:

Lauren Williams said...

Some how i have never been to Dallas Blooms. i will have to make a trip next year- so pretty!

Dan, Ashleigh - Izzie and Levi said...

That is so pretty! I'm so jealous! We're still having snow. This weekend we got 6-8 inches and it snowed again yesterday. I'm ready for spring this year.

grace said...

my dad has a japanese maple that jason always comments on, and last year two tiny ones sprouted right beside it from seeds that dropped i guess. he wants to pot one of them and give it to you guys!

jamiebeth04 said...

What a precious boy!!! And those flowers were beautiful too. Glad to see you are doing so well. Thanks for sending me your blog. Have a great weekend.

Douglass said...

he is so stinking cute! i love the long hair...b's is getting pretty long, too. great pic of you two together!

Christi said...

loved the pictures! I have never been to the blooms... but we did go in the fall... now i want to go.... so pretty!

The Rozell Family said...

these are beautiful pics! isn't the arboretum beautiful! We went 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Rev cant say "arboretum" and it comes out sounding like "margarita"!!! hope you guys are doing well.

Elizabeth said...

We NEVER made it up to Dallas Blooms and now I am sad!! OH well...the Mountain Laurels are BEAUTIFUL!! My MIL has one in her front yard!! It attracts the bees...but I think that is the ONLY down side to them..BUT THOSE BLOOMS ARE AWESOME!!

Glad to see Preston looking so BIG!! I miss his snuggles still!! LOL

Unknown said...

i cant believe how big Preston is. almost 2, wow!!! hope to see you next month.

mandy said...

hey, that was me that just wrote the above comment, not Jonathan :)