Wednesday, March 24, 2010

He's here!!!



proof that I was very much pregnant. 39 weeks.
Right after delivery. we brought preston in and he was so sweet to Lawson. First thing he said was that he wanted to share his toys with him.
Sweet girlfriends who were there in a moments notice to share in the excitement.
ready to go home.
first pic of Pres holding Lawson. I love this.
The Patterson's coming to visit. More visitors...co-workers and friends.
Friends visiting. Sweet Charlee is just a few weeks older than Lawson. Such a blessing to have a good friend to be pregnant with! :)
Carri Wellborn helping Pres hold Lawson. Preston stayed with the Wellborn's while we were at the hospital. another blessing!!
More friends!



I will not be writing Lawson's "birth story" for the public to read (I will say it was a great experience) but will share some memories:


*Not having a "scheduled" labor may be a little more stressful, but the excitement is worth it

*Laboring at home pays off.

*The way Jason drove to the hospital...let's just say...mad driving skillz

*After arriving my doctor saying we'd have a baby by dinnertime!

*My phone losing all battery when arriving at the hospital because I had been using it all day to time my contractions.

*Walking around upstairs in the hospital with Preston looking at the fish tanks with contractions that took my breath away, but loving those moments of just me and him.

*Sweet friends and family hearing the news that I was in labor and coming up to the hospital.

*Everyone taking guesses on his weight, hair, length, time of arrival.

*The nurse asking me if I wanted to go all natural = no epidural.

*Getting extra bags of fluids because I was so dehydrated from throwing up all night the night before.

*How fast my delivery went...didn't push for very long.

*The immediate love I felt for another child.

*The lungs on Lawson...that boy can be heard!

*The ease with which Preston accepted Lawson into our family.

*Celebrating with friends and family after delivery.

*Lawson never leaving the room after delivery...getting a bath and everything inside the room.

Eating Aina's dinner at 11pm that night because I was starving and she was so kind to share.

*Rachel getting us a "better" recovery room because she went and talked to the nurses.

How big and grown up Preston looked the next day when I saw him.

*Not getting ANY sleep the first night because someone was in the room every 30 minutes doing something.

*How much easier things felt the second time around.

*Fun times visiting with friends over the next 2 days as they came to see Lawson.



1 comment:

John and Natalee Warren said...

I am just now reading this and love it! Sounds like such a sweet time. We need to let these babies meet.