Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happenings around Here...

*  I just got a FREE personalized signature by Vanessa at Butterfly Sparks Designs.  It's her website, and you should check out her stuff.  She's quite talented and right now she has a great promotion going on.  Check it out by clicking here and you can get a free one too!! 
 
*Preston has been throwing food off the table when he eats.  And I know it's food that he likes, so we must be in a new stage??  So I've been telling him NO when he does it and usually he stops, but sometimes I have to repeat myself and then he sticks his bottom lip out and it starts quivering.  It's really quite cute and sad at the same time.

* A dear friend of ours just got back from serving in Iraq.  You can check out their very sweet reunion!!  They were apart for the majority of 2 years!!!  

* You know that spring has officially arrived when Bella is back in the fountain!  In typical lab fashion she LOVES anything water related!  At least she's smart enough not to get in during the winter months!


I am taking a baking class.  Well, really it's more about decorating cakes, cookies, cupcakes...that sort of thing.  I really want to take a cooking class, but thought I would start with this...since I feel a little more confident with my baking skills.  So here's my first cake for the class.  It's a "cupcake" cake.  This is how it looked before class....

And after class.... 
Preston is starting to let go while standing.  We caught him in the action here:
We went to the Arboretum last week.  Of course "Dallas Blooms" is happening so it's just gorgeous.  Here's one pic while we were there:
After the Arboretum we met Mimi for some delicious Mexican food.  Can't remember the name of the restaurant but it's in the Lakewood area, right near the theatre.
*I've been working out with some girls doing Crossfit.  Well, they've been doing it for a while and I just started it.  Last week we did a work-out of basically just dips, pull-ups, and push-ups and I couldn't move my arms for 2 days.  Painful.

*Jason left his IPhone at a restaurant in town at the table where he was sitting.  When he went back to go get it one of the bus boys had turned it in!  I couldn't believe it, there are actually some honest people left in this world. ;)  How is it that I can leave my little old Samsung phone at Disney and never get it back??

*I'm off to peruse through my Real Simple Magazine that just came in the mail...I love a new magazine!

9 comments:

tasha said...

wow. . . you goin to open your own bakery soon?!? it looks awesome!

Shawna said...

love that cupcake cake - too too cute. i love that you are taking a baking class! good for you.

kate is "dropping" food off too and i have been trying to squeeze her hand when she does that or yells, etc. it's so hard to know what to do! let me know if you find something that works. :)

Elizabeth said...

That is a great cake...you could give me a run for my money one day.....are you going to make preston's bday cake???? Preston is looking good..miss him and you of course...later gator

Shawna said...

hey - we can just keep talking through our blogs. :)

i have read "baby wise for the pre-toddler years". short and quick, but they talk about the squeezing the hand thing. i just ordered these books b/c i feel like we can never be too prepared:

1. shepherding a child's heart
2. don't make me count to three
3. parenting with love and logic

i have heard good things about all of them from close friends and the top 2 i know base the discipline on scripture which i like. so...we'll see how it goes! let's stay in touch. :)

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

Luke definitely went through that stage, and he now just throws things off when he's really mad. I, like Shawna, read Baby-wise and squeeze his hand. It's a learning process, and it's so hard because you can't reason with him yet.

By the way, your cake looks so cute, and Preston is just so adorable!

faith bleecker said...

Yea for you for making an professional looking cake! I may hire you for Evan's birthday party!

vanessa said...

Hey girl!

Oh my gosh, Preston is super cute...getting SO big, too! Thank you for posting this about my website. You're the best!!!!

p.s. WOW on the cupcake cake!!

Lauren Williams said...

sheesh- that little Preston makes me want to have a little one of my own pronto! i may have to ban your blog till we are ready :)
so glad your doing cross fit! now you can be in pain daily too! ha!

Nat Pat said...

way to go on the cake! so cute! can't wait to eat it!