Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We've come a long way baby...


As you can see from the date of this post I tried to publish this 2 days ago, but was having problems with loading pictures in blogger??  Preston turned 1 yesterday (May 1)!!  I still can't believe it...Guess it hasn't quite sunk in yet.  Here are his "birthday month" pictures:

One 
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven

You can tell that his hair has grown right along with him!  I will post a 12 mo./1 year pic later...just wanted to get these up.
We had a little party yesterday for P!  It was fun, but I did learn a lot about throwing a first birthday party, and have a list of things that I would do differently next time.  Top on the list would be: Spend more time with your baby on his birthday instead of spending MOST of the day getting ready for a party! ;)  I didn't plan it that way, just kinda how it turned out.  But we did celebrate his first year of life and that's all that matters!  And thanks to all that called, texted (is that a word?), e-mailed, mailed, etc. to wish Preston a Happy Birthday... I felt like I was having a birthday too!

17 comments:

The Shaffers said...

I love that you did those pictures through out his life. How smart. This is one of those moments when I wish I would have done that! He is beautiful! Congrats on an amazing year!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday!! We miss you!
~The Engelhardts

vanessa said...

oh my goodness, i LOOOVE his hair!!!
i also love that you took a picture in that same spot on the couch every month. so cute!

Shawna said...

happy 1 year - P!

loved the pics and his hair is absolutely the best ever. i would love to hear more suggestions on the party. :) ours is coming up in june. sigh.

Meredith said...

I love that you put him in the same place in his diaper every month! I'm going to do that!
-Meredith

Little Lamb said...

Happy Birthday! Isn't it crazy how fast a year goes?!?!

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

Happy Birthday, Preston! We hope to meet you in person soon!

Kristen said...

How adorable! Happy Birthday!!

andrea said...

Happy Happy Birthday P! I can't believe how much you and your hair have grown. I absolutely love your joy-filled smile... let's get together soon!

Dan, Ashleigh - Izzie and Levi said...

So when do we get to see pics of the party?! :)

olivia and henry said...

happy birthday, preston!!! you are so handsome and so sweet!

Unknown said...

you are such a cute mom to do that!! and i love watching his adorable lil personality develop over the months!! so cute! glad he had a good birthday!!!

Christi said...

Love that you took the picture in the same spot and with just a diaper!!!! I think that is perfect - I would love to have done that too. I love that we have been able to see you guys a couple of times already this year! We would love to have you guys over for dinner one night soon. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRECIOUS PRESTON!

LOVE,
COUSIN CHRISTI :)

Those Tonnes said...

Man Preston has grown so much. They grow so fast. Natalie let me try some of the cupcakes you made for his party, they were so good. Happy 1st Birthday Preston!

Christy said...

happy birthday preston! thanks for your comment on our blog! i love that you took a picture of him in the same place every month - i will have to remember that next time! christy

The McGuire's said...

Such a great idea! Happy Birthday Preston!

Aina Carruth said...

We love Preston! So sweet. We have party pics for you...coming soon! Love, Aina & Charlotte