Monday, August 18, 2008

This weekend


Here's a glimpse at our weekend.  Friday night we went to the HV Hot Air Balloon Festival.  This took me pretty much begging J to go.  I convinced him it would be worth it once we got there.  I had never been, but was wanting a fun family night out.  
They had about 15 hot air balloons in the field.  You can see some of their flames from the burners.  
The first balloon going up!
And then coming back down!!  It was TOO windy for any of them to go up.
So then we started looking at planes instead.  ;)  
I was a little bummed we didn't get to see the balloons, but the weather was very enjoyable, especially for August.  And we had fun just hanging out.

Saturday Night we celebrated some very fun milestones in the Holleman Family!
Mimi and Papaw's 60th wedding anniversary and 80th birthday's!
 
Here they are on their wedding day...just 60 short years ago!
Preston and Aunt Julie.  She was so sweet to try and entertain him.  He's now entered into a stranger anxiety phase.  Meaning - he won't let go of me...even to go to family.  
Wish I had gotten his boots in the picture.
Family pic.  Not the WHOLE family pic.  I'm not sure we all fit in one picture. ;)
I really treasure these times where generations of family can come together.  All of my grandparents had passed away by the time I finished college.  So, I feel so blessed to have been given another set through marriage.  Truly a gift from God!
Congratulations Mimi and Papaw.  We love you!

8 comments:

the nelsons said...

preston's pearl snap is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin, I wanted to invite you to the launch party of my Southern Living At Home business but did not have your email to send you the invitation. I would love it if you can make it, it's on Friday August 29, at 7pm. I will provide appetizers, wine, margaritas etc. It should be a fun girls night. Let me know if you would like to come.
Caroline

Elizabeth said...

I love having multi generation get togethers. For that, I am glad we moved to Round Rock. Everyone looks good!!

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Sorry you didn't get to see the balloons. Preston looks SO cute in his western outfit.

I had no idea that his middle name is Truett! That is Greg's favorite name at this point, and it's definitely growing on me. We will see!

Lauren Williams said...

jer and i went to this festival too on Saturday night right after we drove in from out of town. we were pretty worthless from driving so we only stayed 30min but it was fun!

Nat Pat said...

wow. 60 years. That is awesome. Sweet family pics.

kerristarr said...

cute family. preston is getting too big.

vanessa said...

i love preston's western shirt...he is just so stinkin CUTE!