Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Houston: Part 3


We just got back from our postponed trip to Houston.  Thank you all for always asking how my family was doing through Ike.  They were blessed to only have faced some minor damage.  My dad and Mary were without power for several days, but were able to get a generator a few days in.  
Here are 2 blog posts by Amanda (Beth Moore's daughter) that I think give great perspective on Hurricane Ike.  You can read them here and here.

My parents so graciously let us have their seats for the aTm game.  We had a great time, but you can see from Preston's expressionless face that he was only half-way there.  He seemed tired, but really he was coming down with a cold or virus that I was unaware of.  Not sure what he has, but he's been pretty miserable the last couple of days! :(
Parachute jumpers before the game began.
Each one of them landed perfectly on the 50 yard line.  Amazing!
Part of the half-time show.  It was Military Appreciation day.  Running the flag across the field.
And the finished product.  Beautiful.


And the rest are just random pics from the weekend...
Bella on point.  (She gets a little excited at the lake)











Here's my nephew Tegan...fresh from a very fun (slightly terrorizing, I'm sure) jet ski ride with his Dad.  My brother does not hold back.
And P with the new pup, Bogey.  Yes, as in the golf term...he was the only one in the litter! ;)

No comments: