Monday, December 3, 2007

At the store

Beware: The following is a collection of random thoughts...

I am at the grocery store and am in line to check out. As soon as I get to the cashier he asks me If I found everything I needed. So I decide to tell him that actually there were a few things that I couldn't find...and then I tell him the 2 items that I still need. And he froze and looked at me like I was crazy. So do they ask that question to be polite? Like when someone asks you how you are and if you reply with something other than "good" they also freeze with surprise.

Then this afternoon I'm at a different store and notice them putting out their Valentine's shirts!!! That's right folks, hurry and get your Valentine shirt before they run out. Don't the stores seem to be putting things out earlier and earlier?? Don't get me wrong...I love Christmas and all that goes with it, but Christmas came before Halloween this year and Thanksgiving was skipped altogether. Why can't we just enjoy the season that we are actually in?

3 comments:

Nat Pat said...

ha! i'm just picturing the guys face- stunned that you actually said no. were you at target? cause they ALWAYS ask me that at target.

Leigh said...

ok, the thing with the check out guy happens to me all the time. It's like what are they going to do after I tell them I couldn't find something? Go and alert the media? One of those weird things.
Oh and I was in Target in early September and they were putting out Christmas ornaments. What is that all about? Like time doesn't already fly by enough.

The Clarks said...

Yes, I HATE that! Did you know JC Penney decorates for Christmas in August?! I agree...I don't like that we are always looking forward to the next holiday or season. We pretty much go from Halloween to Christmas now & poor Thanksgiving gets completely forgotten.