Monday, December 17, 2007

Tour of Homes

Yes I decided to join BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes. What a neat idea! I love touring homes, especially at Christmas time. Last year, we joined some friends of ours and did a tour of homes in Jefferson City...an old fashion Christmas with candlelight tours of quaint homes. It was marvelous!
But a virtual tour will have to do this year!!In our hats. Is this part of the tour?? NO, just wanted to put in the pic.
Now to the tour. He's saying, "Welcome to my home!"
This snowman greets you at our door. (This is for you Carol B.)
Our Christmas Tree. No, there are no gifts under the tree. We already had Christmas on J's side of the family, and we will go to Houston for my side. So if you've ever traveled with a dog and a baby you know to wrap your gifts after you arrive at your destination!
A little bit of Holiday cheer for the little guy. Never too early right? ;)
That's a lot of sugar kisses! love it. He might share with you too!
My nativity from Kazakhstan. The money goes to the local Christian women who make them! We bought several and gave them as gifts one year.
Another nativity...
And another. Don't judge. You can never have too many baby Jesus' right? J would disagree with me. He would be happier with 1. Make that none.
The 12 days of Christmas Nutcracker Collection. Zoom in if you can.
One of my FAVORITE traditions. Each year I hang the Christmas Cards we receive up on ribbons. This is a couple of years worth that you see in this pic.
One of my little tables. I love the little Polar Express lantern and the decorated branches idea I stole from Ang!

Not exactly INSIDE our home, but on the back porch. Cute little chair covers. They just make me smile.
You will also find amaryllis. J forced these bulbs early so we could have them in time for Christmas! Aren't they pretty? Can't have Christmas without them.
A little bit of garland. or a lot. So I have them hanging over several doorways. But the best part is my hubby wired all the lights to one switch. So when I flip the switch... the Christmas tree comes on, the lamps, the garlands, and the mantle lights! You didn't know J was also an electrician did you?
Merry Christmas!!!

12 comments:

Alycia said...

Such a beautiful home and I just love your pictures! Those sugar kisses are the best! I also love that picture of your son in your sidebar ~ how precious and beautiful! Merry Christmas from Okinawa, Japan.

Gretchen said...

Gosh, I just love those "sugar" kisses and that sweet, sweet baby face!!! What a fun Christmas for you all. The chair covers are a crack up and I love the nativity from Kazakhstan. So cool. Merry Christmas.

Joyful Days said...

I love it all, but am partial to the Nutcrackers!!

Val R said...

Love, Love, LOVE the little guy and the Starbucks cup...never too young! ;-)

From one Starbucks 'junkie' to another...Merry Christmas!!!

Leigh said...

I'm lovin the snowmen....I love snowmen. And yes my kids are Starbux junkies just like me. What's wrong with a little caffeine? : )

The McGuire's said...

I love love love the pictures of you and Preston together, such priceless moments. Merry Christmas to all three of you guys, stay warm.

Elizabeth said...

Your house looks very fun and exciting to be in. Thanks for the tour. I especially love all the snowmen. They are my favorite because I can leave them up til Feb!!!

Amydeanne said...

i love the pics! your baby is so adorable!

Bex said...

just beautiful!

...however, i didn't see my email christmas card on your ribbon wall...that hurts.

andrea said...

Your house looks great!! And P is getting cuter and cuter!! I love and miss you!

olivia and henry said...

your house is so beautiful decorated!!! i'm so impressed by all of your lights, and the fact that they all turn on with one switch! also love your nativity scenes!! i can't believe how fast preston is growing...he is ADORABLE. such a handsome little man. let's get together soon. miss you! merry Christmas!!!!!

Lauren Williams said...

i am in alabama (jer's fam) and we just did a tour of the historic homes downtown. they are BEAUTIFUL southern homes with Huge front porches. you would love the tour! yep, house lusting is a fun past time for us ;)