Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dog Food

Bella. She has many "roles". First, she was our family pet. Then, she became Preston's never-ending entertainment. And now she's our vacuum cleaner.
She has found her new favorite place under Preston's chair. She waits patiently at breakfast, lunch, and dinner in hopes of any morsel of dropped food. Preston pushes around his Cheerios, puffs, and sliced bananas on his tray...playing with them more than eating really. Most of them fall to the floor where Bella finds her new delightful treats. The rest are hidden in P's fists where I think one day he will figure out how to get them into his mouth! Until then, Bella will continue to vacuum the floors.
Many of you gave great tips on how to transition from jar food to 'solid food'. So thanks for all your help, Preston seems to be enjoying his new diet. (and Bella too!)

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yea! Solid foods. I did NOT do a very good job transitioning between the two with BOTH of my children. Oh well, they are picking up on it now.

I miss you terribly and miss playing with Preston each week. We are doing much better here. We are heading to Central Baptist in RR Sunday. Talk to you soon.

The McGuire's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The McGuire's said...

Off topic, but I had to share...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/gofedx/ScannedImage.jpg

I was going through an old box and found this

Miles, Allie, Marlee, Mace & Sawyer said...

I need to get a dog...if I have to sweep from underneath Sawyer's chair one more time I'm gonna fall on my sword...

Keep the good stories coming!

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

The high chair has become Macie's favorite spot, too. :) I agree, it's hard to know how and what to feed babies at this age. I'm glad the transition is going well for you and Preston.

Lauren Williams said...

so cute! jerry has been perstering me since the day we got engaged about getting a lab. i say yard first, then dog! i love the slide show to the right! very cute pictures!

Gram said...

thanks for reading the blog - i covet your prayers for alyssa and ian. this is the most difficult thing our family has faced. they are having a hard time - it is a spiritual crisis as you can imagine. take care of your precious preston. jan

Anonymous said...

We have a golden retriever named Millie and since we got her about 8 months ago at almost every meal time she sits under Brooke's chair waiting for what ever food she can get.

a likens said...

I love the new pics. Good times.