Thursday, July 5, 2007

Sleepless in Seattle

Yes I do believe our city should be renamed Seattle, Texas. Have you ever seen so much rain? I mean, don't get me wrong it was needed. And last summer we would have done anything for just a drop, but this is record breaking, right? side story: It rained a ton in College Station too! In fact I bought my first North Face rain jacket there b/c of it. But not before I went to the aTm/ticep game one year and got soaked b/c it rained the entire game, and of course we didn't leave early b/c we're not 2%ers! ;) Then the temp dropped to the teens and we walked home in our soaked clothes to find ourselves to be the color blue. So buy yourself a North Face jacket...it'll keep you dry!

Back to the pt.

Here's how I know it's been raining a lot (other than the obvious)

1. Our backyard has a mini lake in it. (would take a pic but camera is in car with hubby)
2. There are mosquitoes, gnatty bugs, and flies everywhere.
3. We haven't used our sprinkler system all summer and our grass grows an inch per day.
4. Our dog has skillfully placed muddy paw prints all over our house.
5. My skin has taken on a new pale color = no sun! ;)

3 comments:

a likens said...

So glad you came! and more happy to know that I get to see you more often and watch this baby grow up. I can't wait for you to get here.

Nat Pat said...

yay!!!!! so glad it's official. although i'm glad i'll get to actually see you guys in person! I REALLY enjoyed hanging out last week while the guys worked. it was like having a girl roomie again!

Jeffie said...

Yeah Kristyn!! So happy you're an official "blogger." I'm looking forward to seeing your little guy grow in all the pictures! So great seeing you the other night at JP's b-day - you guys are great!