Sunday, July 15, 2007

Summer Yummies!


Thought I would share some of my favorite summertime food!! The first is a very yummy drink, IZZE! Thank you Ang for opening my eyes to the wonderful world of Izze. They come in several flavors but grapefruit is my personal favorite! It's a delicious fruity drink and SO refreshing in the summer heat! AND it's good for you...no refined sugar, no caffeine, and made with real fruit juice! :) You might have seen them at Starbucks, but they also sell them at certain grocery stores too!
Second is Rainier cherries. Delicious and you can only find them in the summer!
Third, is fish! I love all kinds...maybe b/c I'm from the Houston area and the fish is always fresh. Anyways, I can brag on my parents cooking skills...they are both great cooks! Here is a wonderful Tilapia recipe from my dad. Great for the summer b/c it's light & so simple to make!
Here's the recipe: Tilapia with Lemon and Parmesan
Ingredients:
  • Olive Oil or nonstick spray
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
  • 4 to 6 tilapia fillets
  • Juice from 1 lemon
  • salt & ground black pepper to taste

Preheat broiler and lightly oil or spray a baking sheet

Mix the mayonnaise and cheese in a small bowl and set aside

Place fillets on the prepared baking sheet; drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.

Broil 4 to 5 minutes, or until the fillets are nearly cooked through

Remove from the oven and top each fillet with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixure. Return to the broiler and cook until the topping is golden and bubbly, about 2 minutes.

Do you have a yummy summer recipe?

7 comments:

olivia and henry said...

i am definitely trying your tilapia recipe this week!!!! we LOVE tilapia! so glad you are enjoying IZZEs this summer...sooooo good!!! especially when they are REALLY cold! ;)
we're still packing around here...but had to take a blog break :0 love you! ang

olivia and henry said...

oh...my summer favorites right now are Pink Lemonade; bbq chicken; jasmine rice; salads with fresh veggies,sesame seeds and a tasty vinegarette; cupcakes from central market ;)

andrea said...

I love Starbucks Iced Grande non-fat caramel macchiatos right now.
And my favorite snack right now is toast, spread cottage cheese on it (i know... but trust me) then drizzle honey on top. D-licious!
Miss you so much!

Kristen said...

Tried Izzes today at starbucks...loved it! Now I just have to try your fish recipe. Thanks!

Them Chandlers said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! For some reason I haven't been able to find it!! Yay :)

Nat Pat said...

forgot to tell you that i had an izze at starbucks today...the grapefruit one and it was so good and refreshing! so fun hanging out this week. can't wait til you're officially moved!

mandy said...

i am all over this tilapia recipe 1. bc i know your dad is an awesome cook and 2. we have tilapia in the freezer. i make his taco soup frequently except with moose meeat instead of hamburger...alaska style. i will check teh izze out. thanks for the heads up.